Monday, October 20, 2008

day 20


Get It Down; 31 for 21
talkative tuesday... today i'm just pissed off at myself for not knowing better, for not listening to myself more carefully, for still somewhere believing that THEY know more than i do... that my little world of reading blogs and thinking that my updated knowledge of how to best serve my daughter with down syndrome is actually enough.... and yet what super-powers need further exist? other lives go on with less knowledge, less bossing of therapists around, less bitching behind their backs, less trying to do it all perfectly within the illusion of sanity- everybody is juggling a 10-act show somehow in their lives- and i still have high visions and expectations and see that our little qt is thriving and more-than-surviving and shining her light on everyone around her, AND i still think there's more i could consciously be doing- and last night in my sleep, i committed to choosing happiness for my daughter as that which i really wish for her in this lifetime. 
once again, maybe i should do the same for myself.


2 comments:

cortina said...

hmmm....you are so right. so right.

Unknown said...

oh thankyou hon.. and myself too x